Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Flava of Love featuring Ruben Studdard


It's been a couple of days since I have put up a new blog post, but I wanted yall to miss me. So as you pull yourself out of deprivation here is what I'm blogging on!

So as you may have heard, Ruben Studdard is DIVORCED. As much as I hate it for my homie, ultimately I want for him to be happy. In even better news, the 2003 American Idol winner is in the process of releasing a new album, Letters From Birmingham.

I got the opportunity to listen to the album during the holidays and its gonna be pretty #FYE! My favorite songwriter of all-time, Harold Lily, and a cast of others chipped in to comprise a musical work that gives listeners an inside look at Studdard's life over the past two years. The record is reminiscent of the crooner Marvin Gaye's Here My Dear and/or Vulnerable.

The lead single is entitled June 28th, which tells all the ladies "...if you see me in the streets, don't be scared to speak." That's right, The Velvet Teddy Bear is single and ready to spend that jingle. Or sumn like dat.  If you want me to set up a date for you and Rube send me an email with your best looking picture, the names of your previous 5 boyfriends, and 3 references.

Check out the video shoot to June 28 and his rendition of Bobby Brown's Rock With You.




No comments:

Post a Comment