Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sowing and Reaping: GO GET IT!

The older I get, the more I come to the realization of The Power of The Mind.  I am learning that human beings have the incredible ability to WRITE his or her DESTINY.  All it takes is a plan, discipline, prayer and hard work.  Christains call it Sowing and Reaping. Buddist call it Karma. However you look at it, WE have the ability to create whatever it is we want out of life.

With that in mind, I remember having a long conversation with my friend Alvin Garrett (@kownbred), as he expressed his desire to be a songwriter.  At the time, the conversation didn't impact me, because...#HELL all of us wanted to be songwriters, so what's your point? Garrett goes on to ask, "how can I say that I DESIRE to be a songwriter, if I don't sit down and write songs EVERYDAY?"  From that day forward, dude went on a rampage of writing songs, buying equipment until he submerged himself into his desires.



Two years later, I have watched Kownbred recieve placements with national recording artists such as Deitrick Hatton, Noel Gourdine, and Ruben Studdard.  And on yesterday he announced that he is recieving his first Grammy nomination. WOW! This is a prime example of sowing into the Earth and watching The Universe give it back to you.


So this blog is my way of saying CONGRATULATIONS cuh.  Your story is an inspiration to others.

 Wolfgang...

4 comments:

  1. Terrence, I agree with you whole-heartedly. It reminds me of a book I read called "Think and Grow Rick" by Napoleon Hill. The book basically stood for the premise that desire, mixed with creativity and work, equals success. We are all "Masters of our souls" and "Captains of our ships." We just have to put in the time and the work to see our thoughts of how we see ourselves come into fruition. I am happy for you brother and I am sure that there are much better things in store for you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a typo above. The title of the book is "Think and Grow Rich"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think and Grow Rich is a great book. It's just so much better when you see that stuff being played out in real life into success stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are exactly right. When I read Think and Grow Rich, my whole life changed. It was at that point that a light-switch when off in my head and I realized that all I had to do was believe and anything could happen. As a result, my income grew 8 times over and has continuously grown since then. There is so much power in the mind.

    ReplyDelete